DOWNWARD "V" PUSH-UP
The goal here: stronger biceps and shoulders. If this is too tough, try it with your knees bent, Kaiser says.
1. Get into a downward "V" position, with your feet together and your fingers turned toward one another. Stand on the balls of your feet so the majority of your weight is placed on your hands. Tuck your chin in and keep your back flat.
2. Slowly bend your elbows, as though you're trying to tap the top of your head to the floor. Straighten your arms again. Repeat 15 times.
HALF PLANK TWIST AND TAP
This move works those hard-to-reach triceps and (bonus!) your core.
1. Start in a half plank, with your knees on the ground and your upper body at a 45-degree angle with the floor; pull your belly button toward your spine. Place your right hand on your left shoulder.
2. Slowly bend your left arm and twist your torso toward it, tapping the floor with your right elbow if you can. Do 15 reps; switch sides for the second circuit.
Your glutes help power you through a workout— time to firm 'em up.
1. Start on all fours, with your shoulders directly over your wrists and your hips and knees aligned. Raise your left leg slightly and turn it outward, knee bent only a few inches.
2. Engage your glutes, and lift your leg toward the ceiling. Keep the leg turned out and your back straight. Do 30 reps; switch sides for the second circuit.
This high-energy exercise will tone every muscle in your legs, but it'll also raise your heart rate so you get that extra burn. Do it again at the end of the circuit.
1. Start in a squat position with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands clasped in front of you. Place your weight on your heels.
2. Throw your arms down to your sides as you jump straight up, clicking your heels in the air. Come back down into a squat position. Repeat 20 times.
STANDING AB TUCK
This exercise targets your six-pack muscles and your obliques. Do it as fast as you can without losing form.
1. Stand on your right leg with your left toe extended out to the side. Clasp your hands together overhead.
2. Quickly bring your left knee and your hands toward your chest until they meet. (You should feel your ab muscles engage.) Return to starting position. Do 30 reps; switch sides for the second circuit.
Edison's Smart Fitness
Gym, Health Club, Fitness Center
Naples, North Naples, Estates